Sunday, July 3, 2011

Coop's New Accent

I think I mentioned before that Coop is beginning to speak like an Australian. It is not full-blown of course, but there are a few phrases he has picked up and he definitely has the intonation at times (not sure if that is the right word or not- anyone know?).  Anyway, instead of saying, "Can I try?" he now says, "Can I have a go."  He used the word "bit" the other day. I cannot remember the exact context, but it wasn't the American use of the word that is for sure.  When saying names of different places around here, he says them like a native. He also says, "to-MAH-to" instead of "to-MAY-to."  Lastly, there is a show here called, "Bananas in Pajamas."  I think they have it back home too. Anyway, when talking about the show, it is "bah-na-nas in pah-jam-as," but the fruit is still a banana like back home and so is pajamas. Funny, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how quickly the little ones will pick up phrases and mannerisms. Makes you want to think twice with your own sayings lol.

    Christina

    P.S. Visiting from voiceBoks!

    ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally keep a video log of Cooper and Tuckers changing accents. Please post a video of "Can I have a go?"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete